* 1 c. water
* 1/2 c. rolled oats
* dash of salt
* 1/4 c. applesauce
* pinch of cinnamon
* 2 tsp. brown sugar
* cooking pot
* measuring cups and spoons
* stove (You’ll need help from your adult assistant.)
* mixing spoon
* serving bowl
Procedures : 1. Pour the water, oats, and salt into a medium-size pot on the stovetop.
2. Heat the mixture until it boils, then turn the heat to low.
3. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the applesauce and cinnamon.
4. Cook on low heat and continue to stir the mixture for 5 minutes.
5. Pour the oatmeal into a bowl and sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
6. Allow the oatmeal to cool for a minute before digging in