1 tsp Chili Powder (or 1/2 tsp cayenne (add more if like spicy))
1 tsp Cumin Powder
1 2-inch piece Ginger
3 clove Garlic, peeled
1/2 tsp Salt
1/3 Cup non-fat Greek yogurt
1 1/2 lb Chicken (boneless chicken thigh), cut into 2-3 inch cubes
1/2 tsp garam masala
2 tbsp Cilantro, chopped, for garnish
1 tbsp Honey
3 tbsp Heavy Cream (adjust per taste; I add up to 1/3 cup based on tartness of tomatoes)
3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
1/2 Cup Red Onion, sliced to thin halfmoon slices
1. Marinade: In a food processor jar, add all the chicken marinade ingredients except yogurt, then process to make a fine puree. (if mixture is hard to blend, add 1 tbsp water)
2. Transfer marinade to a wide bowl, and mix in yogurt. Then add cubed chicken meat and coat into the marinade. Set aside for 15-20 minutes
3. Infuse Flavors: In meantime, heat 2 tbsp butter in a wide pan. Saute onion in butter on medium heat until soft and fragrant (2-3 minutes). Now, add remaining 1/2 tsp garam masala and continue saute for 1 more minute.
4. Transfer the marinated chicken with all marinade and remaining 1 tbsp butter and honey into the saute pan. Cook chicken in pan for 5 minutes on medium-high heat or until curry looks darker color.
5. Slow Cooker: Transfer everything in slow cooker with 1/4 cup water (or chicken stock for more flavor). Cook on high for 1.25 hours Or on slow for 3-4 hours.
6. Before serving, after the cooker timer is up, add heavy cream and mix well. Taste and adjust salt. Leave on warm until ready to serve.