* 2 eggs, beaten with a fork
* 1 c. cornmeal
* 1 c. flour
* 1 c. milk
* 2 tsp. baking powder
* 1/4 c. vegetable oil
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1 tbsp. sugar
* 1/2 c. corn (fresh, canned, or frozen if it’s taken out of the freezer ahead of time and soft)
* oven (You’ll need help from your adult assistant.)
* large bowl
* mixing spoon
* square baking pan (8″ x 8″) coated with nonstick spray
* measuring cups and spoons
Procedures : 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
2. Put all the ingredients, except for the corn, into a large bowl.
3. Beat all the ingredients together with a big wooden spoon. The mixture should be smooth.
4. Stir in the corn and mix.
5. Pour the mixture into baking pan coated with nonstick spray.
6. Bake in the oven for 25 or 30 minutes or until the cornbread is light brown on top.
7. Remove bread from the oven, cut it into 9 pieces with a knife, and serve it warm for a lip-smacking treat