* 1 kilo whole chicken (cut into parts or choice cuts of breast, thighs of wings).
* 2 1/2 cups young papaya or sayote
* 1/2 cup dahon ng sili
* 5 cups water
* 2 tablespoons ginger (roughly chopped)
* 1/2 head garlic (minced)
* 1 medium onion (diced)
* 3 tablespoons oil
* 2 tablespoons patis
* pinch of salt and pepper
Procedures : 1. In a casserole, heat oil and saute’ garlic, onion and ginger.
2. Add the chicken and water.
3. Bring to a boil and lower fire, let simmer until chicken is cooked.
4. Pour in patis, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add in papaya, allow to cook.
6. When ready to serve, put in dahon ng sili.
7. Serve hot