3 bell peppers
15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 c. corn
1 c. cooked rice
1/2 c. onions, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
1 oz. light cheddar cheese, grated
1 oz. Jalapeno Jack cheese, grated
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. cilantro
1/4 c. water
nonstick cooking spray
* oven (You’ll need help from your adult assistant.)
* knife (You’ll need help from your adult assistant.)
* measuring cups
* measuring spoons
Procedures : 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176 degrees Celsius). Spray 9″ x 13″ pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
3. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients except cheese.
4. Fill each pepper half with bean mixture and place in pan.
5. Pour 1/4 cup water into the pan.
6. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
7. Remove foil and sprinkle each half with cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted