1 cups All- purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup shortening
cup cold water
1 eggwhite (slightly beaten)
cup firmly packed brown sugar
cup corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
Procedures : 1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Prepare one 9-inch pie plate.
2. Combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Add water one tablespoon at a time and mix until mixture leaves side of the bowl.
4. Form into ball.
5. Roll out dough to fit pie plate. Flute edges.
6. Partially bake crust in a preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Brush with eggwhite.
7. Cover rim with a 3-inch strip of aluminum foil.
8. Cream butter and sugar in a medium-sized bowl until smooth.
9. Add egg one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in syrup, vanilla and walnuts.
10. Pour into prepared crust.
11. Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes or until pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove aluminum foil at the last 10 minutes of baking. Let cool slightly. Serve warm or chilled.